RUNNERS’ CLUB OF GREATER CINCINNATI BOARD MEETING MINUTES
November 15, 2011 6:30 PM
Courtyard Marriott, Florence KY
Present: Gina Meyers, Terry Elliott, Tom Glasscock, Chris Higginbotham, Todd Hofacre, Dave Reid, Ryan Woolley
Absent: Laura Wagner
Meeting came to order at 6:35 PM.
Meeting Minutes: October Meeting minutes were approved.
Financial Report: Ryan mentioned that we have almost $18,000 currently in the club’s checking account. No checks outstanding. Ryan and Gina will meet before the next board meeting to put together the 2012 budget.
Membership: Todd reported that there were 133 members paid for 2011. There are 45 new members on hand for 2011. 3 more joined in the last month. Gina was exploring replacing PayPal with a new online registration service.
Newsletter: Todd hopes to have the fall/winter newsletter out to members by Thanksgiving.
Website: Marty was not on hand to discuss the website. One thing that was looked was getting the 2012 races on the website.
- Holiday in Lights Run: Tentatively scheduled for December 13. A new course needs to be figured out. Gina talked with Laura about organizing the run. Currently looking at Central Parkway YMCA to host it but they would like a donation. If donation < $200 club would consider hosting it there this year.
- Run Like Hell 5k Team Recap: Club team had 11 members. None were club members.
- Matthew 25 Ministries Team Recap: Club team had 8 members. Half were club members.
- Turkey Burner 5 Mile – November 27: $35 for the shelter. Race Day only race at England/Idlewild Park. Still trying to contact
- RCGC Anniversary Race: Holy Grail – Banks is willing to host the race so the race will be held on December 3, 2010 at 10:00 AM. Todd is waiting to hear back from the Cincinnati Police Department. Fliers have been printed but need to be distributed to all the running stores and any place else that can be thought of.
- 12 Days of Christmas Run – 1/08/12: Todd will be race director and looking for an outdoor track plus an indoor facility.
- RCGC Indoor Distance Track Meet – 1/22/12: UC does not rent to outside organizations so Jascia is looking at other indoor tracks in the area. It will feature 3 distance events only.
- Winter Wonderland 5 Mile: Gina Meyers will be race director. Looking at either England/Idlewild Park or Mt. Airy Forest to do this race.
- Valentine Day Race: NKU has set the date of February 12, 2012. Planning will not begin until December.
- Leap Day Race: For 2012, looking at doing it as a low key club race. Todd will be the race director so he is looking at the following locations: Coney Island, Mt. Airy Forest which might work for a low key race.
- Sprint for Special Olympics 03/04/12: Need volunteers for timing only.
- Heart Mini Marathon 03/18/12: Club needs a director and needs to set up a team.
Race Committees: 3 people have shown interest in participating on a race committee. Todd presented a schedule of races for the club in 2012. The next meetings are November 21, 2011 and November 28, 2011.
- Additional Events:
- Thanksgiving Day Race: Julie Isphording has agreed to allow the club to have a spot at the Thanksgiving Day Race to let people know about the club. Todd has volunteered to be the guy to help in this role.
- RRCA Convention 03/15 – 03/18: Gina is looking for someone to attend the RRCA Convention in Memphis. It is the same weekend as the Hearty Mini Marathon. The club may be willing to pick up most of the expenses.
Group Runs: Gina gave an update on the Group Runs. The Miami Whitewater has been well attended. The Thursday group run not so much. Laura was absent but gave an update to Gina that she had 4 people attend the last group run.
Training Program: Gina presented information about the CFF Team for Life Program. The board discussed it and worried about the conflict of interest with what we do with the Flying Pig Marathon. Laura talked with Gina about doing a training program for the Heart Mini Marathon.
Programs/Seminars: Nothing to report.
Merchandising: Nothing to report
Miscellaneous: Terry Elliot resigned from the board as he is being transferred to Birmingham Alabama. His last week should be November 28. We are welcome to use the Courtyard Marriott in Florence KY for our meetings for the time being.
Next Board Meeting: Next board meeting is scheduled for Tuesday December 6, 2011 at 6:30 PM at the Courtyard Marriott in Florence KY.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:05 PM.
Todd Hofacre, Secretary,
Runners’ Club of Greater Cincinnati