Back to Minutes


RUNNERS’ CLUB OF GREATER CINCINNATI BOARD MEETING MINUTES
August 14, 2012 - 7:00 PM
Ft. Thomas Pizza & Tavern, Ft. Thomas, KY

Present: President Gina Meyers; Todd Hofacre; Jascia Redwine; Ryan Smith; and Ryan Woolley.

Guest: Rebecca Homan

Absent: Tom Glasscock

Meeting came to order at 7:00 PM.

Meeting Minutes:  Nothing to report for July 2012.

Financial Report: Ryan Woolley reported that we have $17,563.78 in the bank.  No checks outstanding. Gina will check with 5/3 Bank on transferring a portion of our checking account to a savings account.

Membership: Todd reported that there were 141 members. 4 new since last month. Discussed how a mid-year membership should work. Jascia will see what other clubs do. Gina noted that an online survey has been prepared, and she will prepare an intro, then Todd will email the link to members. There was also discussion about whether or not we should offer a scholarship. Ryan S. noted that we should become involved in some way with the Runners Hall of Fame.

Newsletter: The next deadline for content is October 10. We will include sponsor benefits in the newsletter.

Website:  Meeting Minutes need to be updated/added to the website.

Social:    Family Walk/Hike –September 16 at Englewood/Idlewild Park.

Singles Fun Run & Social – Possibly held on Saturday, October 20.

Races:    Summer Cross-County Series- Todd provided a recap.

A Midsummer Night’s Trail Run – Gina reviewed the race.

Turkey Burner 5K – Will be held Saturday, November 24. Location TBD.

Holiday in Lights Run – Same concept as last year. Will be held December 12 at 6:30pm.

Run at Work Day – September 21.

Race Committees:   There was no discussion on this topic.

Group Runs:  One Sunday run still in progress, which is at Miami Whitewater Park.

Training Program: Discussed having teams for upcoming fall races, such as the Cincinnati Half Marathon and Run Like Hell 5K. Gina will set up those teams. Todd presented the idea of specialty training runs, where we lead runs that cover a race course prior to the date of that race.

Merchandising: No updates.

Miscellaneous:  Todd noted that Harvey Lewis would like to do a presentation on his Leadville 100 experience. It was thought that we could tie this in with some kind of expo.

Brian Grafton requested the use of the timers and clock for a race to be held on September 22. The board agreed to give permission to Brian.

Next Board Meeting: Next board meeting will be held Tuesday, September 11 at 7:00PM at Arthur’s, Cincinnati, OH.

Meeting was adjourned at 8:00 PM.

Submitted
Jascia Redwine, Secretary